Department: Client Services
Reporting to: Vice President of Client Services
Location: Baltimore, MD
Hours of work: Typical hours of work are from 8:30 AM until 5:00 PM. Additional hours may be necessary as needed. This position is exempt from overtime.
Compensation: $70,000 to $80,000 annually
As a Data Engineer with InVita, you will primarily be responsible for establishing and maintaining data integrations between our SaaS applications and our customer’s databases. In addition, you will be responsible for various other technical tasks such as building new customer databases, VPN connections, data imports and recording application issues into our ticketing system.
Successful candidates are problem solvers with an acute attention to detail who enjoy technical integrations. A Data Engineer has a broad background in various engineering and technical support disciplines. A highly communicative individual who can work with multiple teams to encourage co-operation and the exchange of information.
- Run, maintain, and enhance customer data extraction and load processes
- Provision and trouble shoot VPN connectivity to customers.
- Lead technical calls with customers to deploy and onboard new installations or troubleshoot existing ones.
- Enhance and maintain customer data objects for our SaaS application.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of InVita’s products and establish oneself as a technical SME.
- Assist in building the data extraction model for new product and integration enhancements and features based on requests.
- Other duties, as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technology field is preferred.
- 2+ years of technical customer support
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of Web Services.
- Experience with SQL databases (MySQL preferred)
- Experience with Extract, Translate, Clean and Load methodologies for data management
- A general understanding of networking environments (VPN, FTP, etc.)
- Basic computer hardware setup and networking
- Willing to think outside the box to help create additional customer support tools.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Additionally, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Ability to travel on a flexible schedule. Airplane travel is necessary.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
InVita provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Interested? Email us your resume.